ACC Rules & Regulations
Please see the Association's Documents tab for complete use restrictions. The Association has also published Rules and Regulations in addition to the documents and the most common are shown below. Full text is on the "Association Documents" page.
Please remember that any changes to the exterior of your property must be approved in advance. See detail in the "Changing Your Home " section.
Beginning 1/1/2018 Violation notices will be handled by West Broward Community Management. Violations will be issued in writing; posted on your property, mailed to your home or emailed if you have signed up for Paperless Notifications.
We also work closely with Miramar Code Enforcement.
All lawns must be kept in a healthy green condition and weed free. Lawns should be mowed and edged around all areas at least once a month during the winter and twice a month during the summer growing season.
Garbage,Recycling & Bulk Trash Rules
Garbard (Every Tuesday and Friday)
- Place can at curbside – arrows facing the street by 7 a.m. on the pick up day.
- The only can allowed is the new 96 gallon green can. All garbage must be inside the can.
- Unacceptable items are used oil, paints, insecticides, chemicals, automotive parts, batteries, tires and hazardous waste. These will not be collected.
- Hypodermic needles, syringes, broken glass and other like material must be placed in a sealed container before being put in the garbage.
Recycling (Every Tuesday)
- Place bins within 5 feet of street by 7 a.m. on pick up day.
- Acceptable items are – newspaper, corrugated cardboard, clear, green and brown glass containers, steel, bimetal and aluminum cans, #1, #2 and #3 plastic containers, drink boxes, milk and juice containers. Remove all caps, lids and straws from containers.
- Unacceptable items are – books, magazines, junk mail, cereal boxes, pizza boxes, office paper, plastic bags, aluminum foil, trays, pie plates, margarine tubs, light bulbs, plate glass, broken glass, mirrors, spray cans, used oil paint, pesticide and chemical containers. If these items are in the bins the bins will not be collected.
- All items can be comingled. Do not place any items in a plastic bag.
- All corrugated cardboard must be broken down, folded or cut the same size as an unfolded newspaper.
Bulk Trash (2nd Saturday of every month)
- Keep our community beautiful! Do not place bulk trash out more than 48 hours in advance of pick up.
To avoid interruption with your curbside collection service, the following rules should apply:
- Place cart for collection within 5 feet of the street by 7 a.m. on the scheduled pick up day.
- Make sure arrows on lid are pointed toward the street. Items in garbage cart should not extend above the rim by more than a few inches.
- Non Waste Pro containers, paper bags, cardboard boxes, recycling bins and oil drums cannot be used as garbage containers, and will not be collected.
- Branches, limbs and other vegetative items must be placed in the Waste Pro container or put out with your scheduled monthly bulk pickup.
- Oil, paints, insecticides, chemicals, automotive parts, batteries, tires, medical waste including hypodermic needles and syringes and hazardous waste will not be collected. Click on the Household Hazardous Waste tab for further disposal information.
- If your cart needs to be repaired or replaced cart due to theft, damage or destroyed, please
us to order a trash cart, please provide a brief summary of reasoning.
- If you experience a “missed pickup” on your collection day, or have any questions, please call Waste Pro at 954-967-4200 or reach Customer Service via
. Please include name, address, phone number and nature of your call.
- Need to know your collection day, check the Collection Zone Map (PDF) for your corresponding curbside solid waste collection schedule.
- The American with Disabilities Act of 1990 is a federal law that makes it illegal to block sidewalk accessibility. According to the ADA sidewalks should be free of all obstacles/ barriers that would restrict use of the sidewalk by persons using a cane, walker or wheelchair. Barriers include vehicles, bushes, low hanging trees, etc.
- A city of Miramar ordinance states it is illegal to park across the sidewalk or in the lawn.
Sec. 20-48. Parking regulations, all zoning districts.
(b) Parking so as to face oncoming traffic prohibited. It is unlawful to park any vehicle on the street, right-ofway or swale area in such a manner as to face oncoming, opposing traffic, whether or not curbing is present.
(c) Parking, standing on sidewalks. It shall be a violation for any person to park a vehicle upon any part
of a public sidewalk or bike path.
(d) Parking in public right-of-way. It shall be a violation for any person to park a vehicle on any street in such
a way to impede the free flow of traffic or interfere with the passage of emergency vehicles.
(k) Blocking driveways. It shall be a violation for any person to stop, stand or park any vehicle so as to den y
normal access to any public or private roadway.
(m) Consent of owner required. It shall be unlawful for any person to park any vehicle including trailers upon
any privately owned parking lot or other private property without the consent of the owner, lessee, tenant or
other person entitled to the possession and use of the premises.
(h) Parking location. No commercial or passenger vehicle shall be parked on any part of private property including the lawn area, except in a driveway, carport or garage. Passenger cars may be parked in swale areas abutting residential property with the consent of the abutting residential property owner.
This is a reminder that it is the policy of Franklin Farms Homeowners Association that parking is allowed in your driveway and swale area (facing traffic) only.
- Parking across sidewalks is prohibited and illegal.
- Parking in your lawn is prohibited and illegal.
- Unlicensed or inoperable vehicles are not allowed on any portion of the property.
- Commercial vehicles are not allowed on any portion of the property unless all commercial signs are covered. Any vehicles with commercial advertising must have the advertising completely covered when parked on the property.
- Parking is allowed in driveways or on your own swale area only. Parking in the lawn is strictly prohibited.
- If you are planning to have numerous guests at your property please observe all parking laws and/or provide off-site parking for your guests. Violations will be reported to the police and you will be ticketed.
- No aircraft, commercial trucks or other such commercial vehicles, unlicensed or inoperable vehicles, mobile homes, motor homes, or trailers of any other description shall be permitted to be parked or to be stored in any place on any Lot in the Property unless parked or stored within garages, whereby such vehicles cannot be seen from any street.